14 February 2007

Off to work!


This photo was taken this morning on my way to work. We got quite a bit of snow last night, so the whole area looks very nice and certainly very white. It was fun walking through the snow. Luckily, I don't have too far to go above ground.

Everything seemed a lot more peaceful this morning. Maybe because a lot of people are staying at home, or the schools are closed, or people don't want to drive with snow and ice all over the roads, or people tend not to hang around in the streets when it's this cold, or maybe the snow absorbs all the sound. Who knows? I hope we get a lot more snow to really get buried in. The forecast says we won't, but you never know your luck in a big city...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! It really does look cold. Hope you get lots more snow so you can play in it. But as the saying goes "Never believe a weather man"

Hugs to you all

Anonymous said...

Or could it be that it is just too bl..dy cold for humans to venture out?
Keep up the news Mike, it is good to hear how the other half lives.

Rod

Anonymous said...

I think I prefer the sun, less clothes to worry about.

Chris

Sara Pearcy said...

Yay for the snow!! You don't look cold enough yet, though.... I hope you get lots more snow!!
xx S.

Anonymous said...

I better warm up a little bit before I get there, otherwise I might have to stick myself in the fridge to partially aclimatise before getting there.