02 August 2007

Hard day at the office

I came across a bit of luck at work today. More specifically, I came across 4 box seats to the New York Yankees game at (of all places) Yankee Stadium in The Bronx. I found a few people who had a little time to come along, so we had a good time. Not only did work give me the tickets, but it was in the middle of the workday too. The Yankees played the Chicago White Sox. It was an extremely long game, lasting over 4 hours, having 16 runs in the second inning. That's some kind of record apparently.

Alex Rodriguez was expected to hit a milestone 500th home run today, but choked. The crowd were getting very excited each time he got up to bat, holding up cameras, standing in the stands and going crazy. They seemed pretty deflated when all he managed for the day was a single RBI (you can look it up).

Going to the baseball is very similar to going to the cricket, so obviously it was a great day, although pretty hot. I know it was a hard day at the office, but somebody had to do it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what does Radio Berlin International, and the Reserve Bank of India have to do with baseball?
Dud

Anonymous said...

So the $5 tickets we got when I was there were actually expensive since these didn't cost anything.
Dave

Anonymous said...

Even though I may not comment I find your blog really interesting to read. I check it every day waiting for the next instalment.

Shaun said...

Mick...the international rorting man of mystery. I've got to hand it to you...You can rort your way regardless of your geographical location. Well done