24 February 2008

Out and about in NYC

After having a solid dump of snow on Friday morning, New York looks like a winter wonderland. One of the problems with snow is that it needs to be cold outside, but today, luck was with me. It was a couple of degrees above freezing (yes, that's a warm day), so I packed my camera gear and set off.

In all my time in New York, I'd not yet taken decent shots of the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges, so that was my destination. Here are a couple of those shots for your enjoyment. I hope you like them, but if you don't, as they say in New York, suffer in your jocks.





I highly recommend my newest acquisition - a 16-35mm lens. The wide angles it takes are incredible. I also took the 35mm SLR which gave an even wider view of the bridges - getting them both in the same frame. Once I've had the roll developed, I'll hopefully have something else worth uploading.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are like a kid with a new lens in photographers heaven.

Did

DrM said...

I highly doubt that is your real signature

mjb said...

So long as I'm in the US and signing credit card receipts, that's as about as real as my signature gets.
http://www.zug.com/pranks/credit/

Alicia Barry said...

The third one is my favourite.

Val said...

Nice shots! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Since the photo I bought when I was over there got damaged I might have to get a copy of that first one and get it framed. Love it.

Dave

Anonymous said...

Even if I had the same equipment as you my shots would come in a poor second. Love your photos.
CB