25 September 2008

The farewell tour

Knowing that we're about to leave the States for good (or at least for a while), we've been making a concerted effort to see the main things we want to before things are done. In the past couple of months, we've seen DC, Vegas and Boston. I've also been lucky enough to have a few work-sponsored trips around the place, although the timing's shocking. I've been to Philadelphia, Orlando and Rochester courtesy of various clients. Unfortunately, it's to work, not to be a tourist.

Right now, I'm in the airport lounge in St Louis, waiting for another delayed flight home. This one's only 20 minutes late so far, but we'll see how that pans out. I won't miss the travel once we're back in Brisbane.

I managed to get away from the client a little early the other day, so I had a look at the only interesting thing in St Louis (and perhaps all of Missouri), the Gateway Arch. This thing is massive - apparently, it's around 62 storeys high. That's big. The view's awesome (or at least it would be if there was something else in this city to look at). I may be back for a couple of days next week, then it's a couple of weeks in Nashville, TN, then it's all done. Back home to New York for a couple more weeks, then back to Australia. Time's getting short.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you are looking forward to getting back to the quiter life of Brisbane and spending more time with Leish and your beautiful boys. Looking forward to seeing you all soon

Love M

Unknown said...

Be good to have you back. Let me know the date you are getting back so I can organise things.